Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lost Souls by TheWhitePen

What if your soul mate is born seventy years after your death? Could you wait? AU/AH No Vamps
Hey Everyone! This is of course the Infamous Tyggy, late as always, but I bring gifts.
I found this gem one day when i got a slew of emails from a C2 community I subscribed too.I won't lie I passed this story up twice (man do i regret it now) but something about this story screamed for me to read it. I couldn't resist the pull of the story and took my first steps into my newest addiction. Like most who are fairly new to fandom, I was a little skeptical about reading because of the summary. Edward dead, Bella Alive no way in hell she could pull it off.

 But any doubt I had was crushed after reading the first chapter. Talented is too little of a word to describe this lady's abilities. Everything in the first chapter captured my attention at once. The story is written incredibly well and I am in awe of the raw creativity and imagination this woman possesses. Her concept of the connection between this world and next is so well crafted that even I looked over my shoulder a few times wondering If someone could possibly be around me just waiting for someone to remember them. Now the story is fucking awesome,this bitch knows her shit, and she knows it well. Her characters are complex and the pace of the story will keep you wanting to know more and more about her character's background. Everyone seems to have a story, and if you are as greedy as I am, I'm positive you'll want to know more as well.

Bella in this story, has moved to a new quaint little town, starting over from a very questionable pass which seems to be unraveling as the story continues to develop. She buys a house she adores, though it needs a bit of tlc.The only drawback to the property that bothers everyone but Bella, is that there's a small little cemetery right behind her new home. She buys the house against the relator's advice and settles in comfortably, relishing in her purchase. As the story progresses, we see Bella become draw to a lonely little grave at he far corner of the cemetery, belonging to Edward Masen. Just saying or thinking his name, drew him from an eternity of sleep and brought her to his attention. Even though she didn't know him, she developed a small connection to the fallen soldier and their story is only beginning:

"One grave at the far end of the cemetery seemed to draw me in. It was a lone gray marble headstone. Nothing fancy, just the finely carved letters of the name and dates. The only decoration was a small American Flag that had been recently planted by a veterans group on Memorial Day. He had been a soldier. A tear slid down my cheek, and for some reason I felt a profound sense of loss as I leaned down to read the words on the stone:
Edward A. Masen
February 27, 1900 – October 25, 1918"

Edward P.O.V
"The light flared, brighter than it had in ages, startling and disorienting in its brief flash. But it was over almost as soon as it started, leaving behind only the ghost of an image. A face. The beautiful, sad face of a woman with a tear running down her cheek. I tried desperately to hold on to this image, to sear it into my consciousness before it slowly faded back into the endless black night."


This one chapter had me running to the next button, but i couldn't go on without leaving her words of encouragement to continue, and for a job Greatly done. Don't be scared to read this.  Open your mind to the impossible and new ranges of fanfiction. I promise you will thank me just after reading one chapter. It's well written, original, imaginative and downright fuckawesome.
It is extremely difficult for me not to spoil the story for you. But here's one more sneak peek into her story.


"Lying in bed I was exhausted, but couldn't seem to fall asleep. My mind kept replaying the contents of the diary and what I had learned about Rose and Edward. When I finally did drift off to sleep, I dreamed of the soldier in the picture. Just like the picture, his features and his uniform were all in sepia tones of brown and gray, all except for his piercing green eyes."

Edward p.o.v
"I drifted on to an upstairs room where I found an angel lying on a bed curled up under the covers. Her body hummed, its life force radiating into the space around her. It was this force that had pulled me to her, and I basked in its glow."

 If  that's not enough to make you curious enough to read, I don't know what is. Trust in me, and the author, You'll love this story. It's nothing like anything I've ever read and I'm absolutely positive you'll love this even more than I do.


Read and Review Babes, This is one of the author's that truly deserve it.
Muaaahhh!
Happy reads! Look out for My new interview with TheWhitePen coming up soon.


~~**Tyggy~~**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to twificbitchess Playlist